Location is key!
- More than 70% of the US marketplace is within a day's drive of Oak Ridge, Tennessee
- Junction of three major interstate highways trisects the region - I-40, I-75 and I-81
- 11 federal highways, 16 state highways and numerous paved county roads interconnect the region
McGhee Tyson Airport, located 30 minutes from Oak Ridge, serves the East Tennessee region with 5 airlines making 120 flights daily and 22 non-stop destinations. An Oak Ridge general aviation airport is in the planning phase…you can read more about it here.
- Served by Norfolk Southern and CSX
- Junction of major east-west and north-south
- Southern Railway System lines
- Intermodal transportation available
- 62 barge lines provide service in the region
- The 234-mile Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway connects 16,000 miles of waterways and links the region with 13 other states and the Gulf of Mexico
The largest government-owned power producer in the nation, TVA is also among the most reliable boasting a reliability rate of 99.999%.
Oak Ridge Utility District has been safely delivering natural gas to the communities of Anderson and Roane Counties since it became an independent non-profit utility with its own charter in 1951. Since then, their commitment to distributing safe, reliable energy remains unchanged. Today they proudly serve nearly 14,000 customers and are continually growing.