The Oak Ridge Chamber of Commerce exclusively offers ribbon cutting, ground breaking and grand opening services to its members. We are pleased to organize and publicize our member’s ribbon cuttings, grand openings and ground breakings, in the event that a company has recently opened, moved to a new location or expanded its current location. We are also happy to help promote any open houses or receptions our members have for clients, vendors and customers.
The Chamber’s role consists of:
- Sending out invitations to our Ambassador committee and Chamber Staff;
- Posting details of the event on the Chamber website;
- Providing the scissors and ribbon.
Criteria for Chamber involvement in such events are:
- We would like to ensure our staff and elected officials are available for an event, so the Chamber aims to schedule only one event per day and no more than four events per week. It is also recommended that you choose several possible dates for an event, in order to ensure the best possible attendance.
- In order to successfully market each event, we recommend a four-week notice for inclusion in our communications with membership and our web calendar.
- We recommend a celebration be scheduled during business hours, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. In our experience, events held during the business day are better attended by Chamber Members and elected officials. If a company would like to hold an after-hours event, such as an open house or reception, the Chamber staff would be available for a ribbon cutting to take place before 5 p.m., prior to the event.
Tips for a Successful Ribbon Cutting
The More the Merrier…
While the Oak Ridge Chamber invites the Chamber Membership and Chamber Staff, we encourage businesses to invite clients, vendors, neighboring businesses, family and friends to ribbon cuttings. This is not only to have a large gathering for photo opportunities; it enables the business to showcase its assets to more people in the community.
Celebrate and Decorate…
Celebrate this great event by having festive décor—balloons and company signage not only draw attention to your business, it brings a celebratory spirit to the ceremony and makes it easier for attendees to locate your business.
Chips, Dip and Everything in Between…
Since celebrations traditionally take place during the lunch hours of 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., we encourage member businesses to have refreshments, snacks, cake, etc., for attending guests. This also adds to the flair of the event!
Give guests a brief tour of your company and explain its function. You may never know what this can do for making business contacts in the future!